The Champion Nurse Immunisation Program has been established to provide immunisation program support to providers and the wider community in metropolitan Adelaide.
General Practices and other immunisation providers can benefit through the help of specialist immunisation nurses who can;
- deliver immunisation program support, mentoring and education to providers
- mentor nurses who are new to immunisation program delivery
- deliver education and support relating to cold chain management
- provide systems support, including documentation, recall and reminders
- provide Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) support and education
The Champion Nurses are able to;
- provide immunisation information to the community
- support families with identified barriers to vaccine uptake
- counsel vaccine hesitant parents
Providers and community outside the Adelaide PHN region may contact the Champion Nurses to discuss their needs.
Champion Nurses are focused on helping to increase vaccine uptake, as well as raising provider confidence and knowledge pertaining to immunisation delivery.
The Adelaide Primary Health Network has commissioned Health and Immunisation Management Services (HAIMS) to provide the Champion Nurse Immunisation Project
(CNIP), which is one of the five key goals of the SA PHN Immunisation Hub.
Health Pathways is an online portal that provides General Practitioners (GPs) and other health professionals with easy access to comprehensive, evidence-based assessment, management and localised referral resources for specific health conditions. HealthPathways assists health professionals to care for patients in the community, and establishes standard, agreed referral criteria for local health services across South Australia.
Access the pathways by registering for a login to access all the finalised pathways. It is a great resource especially for primary care professionals. HealthPathways enables primary and acute sector health care professionals to work together to improve patient access to the right care at the right time in the right place.
Follow the link to the HealthPathways webpage – https://saproject.healthpathwayscommunity.org/Home.aspx